Autor
yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
next steps

#1 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 11.08.2007 12:58

Next planned steps:

1) have 2 weeks holliday

2) Suspend/Boinc restart works not properly. Check what the wrapper is doing here and what the cruncher. Every help to check the wrapper code is welcome.

3) create a own dnet account for each boinc user.

4) create a option in user prefs to use the boinc mail address as dnet account.

*) further improvements of automatic work creation/assimilation
HILF mit im Rechenkraft-WiKi, dies gibts zu tun.
Wiki - FAQ - Verein - Chat

Bild Bild

SnakeKaplan
Vereinsmitglied
Vereinsmitglied

#2 Ungelesener Beitrag von SnakeKaplan » 11.08.2007 13:43

What about the checkpointing?

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#3 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 11.08.2007 17:05

Hope it will be solved with 2), because the cruncher supports it already.
yoyo

Bild Bild

jrt
Fingerzähler
Fingerzähler

Re: next steps

#4 Ungelesener Beitrag von jrt » 15.08.2007 14:19

4) create a option in user prefs to use the boinc mail address as dnet account.

================
Not sure it is a good idea to use mail address as an account. Long time ago, I joined one of the DC projects using my email address as the account name, within 30 minutes I started getting spam emails. I eventually had to create a new email account.

An idle way is to allow 'boincers' to create a dnet account manually or use their exisitng dnet accounts (if they have been crunching dnet) then link to it via yoyo@home. If they prefer not to, then they can continue to contribute to as yoyo@home.

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#5 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 15.08.2007 14:33

Hello,
I think it is a good idea instead to have only a flag to provide a input field where the Boinc user can enter his existing or new dnet account to which the credits should be accumulated. Otherwise it goes to the yoyo@home dnet account.
yoyo

Bild Bild

zombie67
Prozessor-Polier
Prozessor-Polier

#6 Ungelesener Beitrag von zombie67 » 28.08.2007 23:50

Here is a list of items I would like to see (in no particular order):

1) WUs are much longer now. I think I read that it is because each one contains 8 OGR-25 tasks. I had one take 151,702 seconds (42 hours) on a Pentium D 2.8ghz. 42 hours is too long without checkpointing. So until checkpointing is implemented, can the multiple of OGR-25 tasks be reduced?

2) Mac applications: Currently, the CPU Time stays at 0. For scoring, it just means that the wing man sets the score, since the Mac claims 0. No big deal. However, I am concerned about Debt on the Macs. I am not positive, but I believe that since no time is accrued, the LTD continues to increase to the point where no other projects ever run. Is this true about the Debt?

3) Linux application: It looks like the CPU Time runs at half speed. For example, after running for 20 hours, CPU Time shows only 10 hours. Seconds click off very slowly. Unlike the Mac situation, where it claims 0, so the wing man's claim is given, I think this might be worse. The current scoring method is lesser of the two claims (unless one is 0), I believe. So if a Linux box is claiming half of what it should, due to the CPU time being half, then both people are awarded half credits.
Team: SETI.USA

zombie67
Prozessor-Polier
Prozessor-Polier

#7 Ungelesener Beitrag von zombie67 » 30.08.2007 00:07

zombie67 hat geschrieben:2) Mac applications: Currently, the CPU Time stays at 0. For scoring, it just means that the wing man sets the score, since the Mac claims 0. No big deal. However, I am concerned about Debt on the Macs. I am not positive, but I believe that since no time is accrued, the LTD continues to increase to the point where no other projects ever run. Is this true about the Debt
It looks like 1.6 fixed this, sorta. The CPU time still does not move. But it does jump every time there is the 1/8th incremental checkpoint. For example, the CPU time is "0" until the first checkpoint, at which time it jumps to (say) 1:42:33, when the progress bar moved to 12.5%.

yoyo
Vereinsvorstand
Vereinsvorstand
#8 Ungelesener Beitrag von yoyo » 30.08.2007 06:48

Hello,
Interesting to hear. Do you finished a WU on a Mac and is now the used CPU time reported?
yoyo

Bild Bild

zombie67
Prozessor-Polier
Prozessor-Polier

#9 Ungelesener Beitrag von zombie67 » 30.08.2007 15:25

Antworten

Zurück zu „Number crunching“