My boinc_client (6.10.58, on 64-bit Linux) started crashing today and refused to restart. Here's a bit of the log for search engines to help people come here
Code: Alles auswählen
*** buffer overflow detected ***: /usr/bin/boinc_client terminated ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib64/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x37)[0x7f086d4fc6f7] /lib64/libc.so.6(+0xe5540)[0x7f086d4fa540] /lib64/libc.so.6(+0xe48a9)[0x7f086d4f98a9] /lib64/libc.so.6(_IO_default_xsputn+0x83)[0x7f086d486243] /lib64/libc.so.6(_IO_vfprintf+0x3d9b)[0x7f086d45aa6b] /lib64/libc.so.6(__vsprintf_chk+0x9d)[0x7f086d4f994d] /lib64/libc.so.6(__sprintf_chk+0x7f)[0x7f086d4f988f] /usr/lib64/libboinc.so.6(_Z8dir_sizePKcRdb+0x11d)[0x7f086e9c21ed] /usr/lib64/libboinc.so.6(_Z8dir_sizePKcRdb+0x139)[0x7f086e9c2209]
Since this was related in some way to a recursive walk of directories, I looked through the Boinc project directory.
I noticed then a ".wine" folder under /var/lib/boinc, created at the time my boinc_client started crashing. So some project is trying to run Windows programs on my Linux computer! The only Windows programs I could find was in Yoyo.
On this website I then noticed a news item announcing "Muon for Linux" which isn't entirely correct since it requires Wine...
Anyway, after deleting the ".wine" subtree - and making sure I don't get Muon work units - everything works fine again.
I don't know whether you want to do anything about it, but now the information is here for others to find if they run into the same problem